She may be small, but she is fierce. When Johnnita Bros enters a room, her presence is much bigger than her petite frame. When she speaks, she is straight forward in a way that’s admirable not annoying. It’s inspiring and empowering to see a woman own her power and stand firm in her truth without fear of being judged or rejected. As a Financial Analyst by day and blogger by night, Johnnita is focused on achieving her personal and professional goals while living with purpose. In this candid interview learn more about the Editor-in-Chief of lilykyi.com and how she is mastering winning while keeping God and family first.
Who is Johnnita Bros?
- I’m a down to earth girl who loves to explore the world through travel. I currently reside in Tampa, FL with my husband and three-year-old daughter. I work as a Financial Analyst during the day and blog after hours as a way to express my creativity and struggles as a woman who wears many hats.
How do you typically spend your days when you’re not working?
- When I’m not working, I’m around the house dancing with my daughter, at the beach, date nights with my hubby, or catching up with my girlfriends. I am my authentic self when I am around the people I love.
What things do you do to find peace and/or release stress?
- I release stress through exercising. Immediately after a good workout I always feel empowered to take on whatever challenges or stresses I am dealing with.
As a wife, mother, employee, and editor-in-chief of Lily Kyi, what tools do you use to manage your time and ensure maximum productivity?
- As a woman who wears many hats, I admit I don’t have it all figured out, but I do it make a point to be present with whatever/whoever has my attention at the moment. Tools I use regularly are Google Calendar and Evernote. If an event isn’t on Google Calendar it doesn’t exist in my world and Evernote is good for keeping track of ideas, goals, and to-do lists.
What is the meaning of Lily Kyi? What inspired you to start blogging?
- Lily Kyi was named after my daughter Ki. The name represents strength, hope, love, and light. All characteristics I would like Ki to embody as she develops into womanhood. I started blogging as a means to share my journey as a working woman. I know that through authentically sharing my story, with the right person at the right time, it will spark some sort of light in their lives.
What do you want women to gain from visiting lilykyi.com?
- To be a resource that will inspire career women to step outside of their comfort zones, and be the most authentic version of themselves.
What is one of the greatest lessons you’ve learned since beginning your blogging journey?
- Blogging is a marathon not a sprint. Starting out there maybe times when only two people are reading your content, but don’t let that discourage you or stop you from your overall purpose for starting the blog.
What do you find to be most rewarding about being a blogger?
- The connections I have made with other women is by far the most rewarding aspect of blogging. Two years ago sitting behind a computer in a office I would have never thought that it was possible to meet so many kind, smart, and ambitious women. Blogging has opened my mind to a new world of possibilities and I am very grateful for it.
What is one of your ultimate life goals?
- To live out God’s plan for my life. Not my own, but what God has in His will for me.
What should we expect to see from Lily Kyi over the next 2 years?
- Offline connections through small private dinners, retreats, and intimate events. Face to face connections with a small group of women in a beautiful setting is where I am at my best. I have many plans to use Lily Kyi to foster those types of gatherings with other working women like myself.
What is your definition of winning?
- Winning is having a positive and healthy relationship with God, yourself, family, and friends. No amount of money can buy that.
To learn how you can become the next featured “Winning Woman”, click here.