Even though I could not possibly know for sure everything that you’ve experienced this year, I do know for sure that if you pay close enough attention, you will see that this year taught you plenty of lessons. I know that you likely had both good and bad days, experienced both wins and losses, and felt both motivated and discouraged throughout the course of this year. I know that you did because I did too. The more women I connect with, the more I realize that life gives us all challenges, obstacles, trials, and struggles for us to learn from and grow through. For me personally, 2018 has been a year of confirmation and clarification. Although sometimes painful when revealed, I came to realize more truths about myself, other people, and the world in general. I became more aware of and healed from past issues that I tried to bury for far too long. I accepted that not everyone I love has the ability to love me the way that I need them to. I came to the conclusion that although I can’t fix all the problems in the world, I can do my part to positively impact lives by improving myself and giving back to my community. All-in-all, I’m grateful for this year and how it has prepared me to be a better, wiser, stronger, and more faithful woman in 2019.
As we prepare to step into 2019, I want to encourage you to take some time to reflect on the lessons that you learned this year, and in previous years, and use those lessons to make better choices going forward. As the time keeps passing, it becomes more and more clear to me that time doesn’t change anything, people do. It’s what you choose to do with your time that will make a difference in where you end up 5-10 years from now. I am inspired by women I see taking care of their health so that they still look and feel 25 at 55. I admire millennials who have figured out ways to earn and save more money so that they can retire at a young age. I am motivated by my elders who made choices that will ensure that future generations don’t have to fight as hard as they did to achieve their goals. I know that we are all capable of creating a life that we can enjoy and be proud of, but I also know that some of us won’t ever experience our best lives because we refuse to do the work necessary and make the best choices. Sis, I am determined to live my best life and I want you to be also. Here is a list of a few things that I have done or I am doing to ensure that 2019 meets and exceeds my expectations.
- Release all ill feelings that you are carrying from your past. It happened and it hurt, but you can’t live your best present and future by holding onto your painful past. Let it go, sis. Find a way, whether it be through journaling, counseling, or being honest with people who love you. Give yourself permission to start over beginning January 1, 2019.
- Forgive yourself. You are human and you will make mistakes. That’s part of life and how you learn and grow. Everyone (even those who hold your mistakes against you) makes mistakes. Take what you’ve learned from your mistakes and start fresh with your improved mindset and attitude on January 1, 2019.
- Apologize for anything you have done to hurt others. Make amends even if you no longer desire to continue the relationship. Go into 2019 with a clear conscience so that you can be confident that everything that happens, even when it appears to be bad, is happening for your highest good.
- Commit to manifesting your best life. Set your goals for the year and spend the entire year focusing on achieving them. There will be distractions, reasons to get discouraged, and excuses to give up, but set your mind to win by any means necessary. Be determined to make your future self proud of the work you are doing now. Start now with what you have. Decide that you will not let another year go by without getting closer to making your dreams a reality.
- Be mindful of what and who you allow to influence your thoughts and actions. Intentionally listen to messages and surround yourself with people that encourage, motivate, and support you to become the best version of yourself. You are unique. Your purpose is unique. Unsubscribe from anything that makes you feel like being who you were created to be is not enough. You don’t need to look like, speak like, or act like everyone else to be happy or successful. You just need to be on the path to becoming the best version of yourself.
- Invest in yourself. Invest in learning more. Invest in putting yourself in rooms and connecting with people who have achieved what you want to achieve. Invest in your self-improvement (mentally, physically, financially, and emotionally). You can’t do what you don’t know how to do, but once you know better, you will do better.
- Be intentional about how you spend your time. If you can’t see how what you’re doing is going to improve your life in some way, find something better and more productive to do. Time is your greatest asset. Value it and protect it because once you lose it, you can never get it back.
- Trust yourself and your instincts. Deep down, you know what’s right and what’s wrong. You know how you want to be treated so treat people the same. You know how you should be treated so don’t accept anything less.
- Be kind to yourself. There’s plenty of people that will be mean to you in this world, don’t make yourself one of them. Celebrate your accomplishments no matter how small. Speak life into yourself. Give yourself hugs when you need them. Love yourself with all of your heart.
- Ask for help when you need it. Build your own team or support system. As the saying goes, “closed mouths don’t get fed”. You don’t have to suffer in silence or do it all alone. There are so many people that would be willing to help you and collaborate with you, but you have to be willing to open the door for those opportunities to enter. Be brave. Be bold. Go for it. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
- Take one day at a time. Set plans for the future, but trust the process you will need to go through to prepare yourself to reach the next level. Simplify your life and reduce stress by making the choice to do the best you can with what you have every day. Your best will always be enough to get to the next step.
Sis, I am setting high expectations for 2019, but I am also keeping in mind that not everything will go exactly as I plan and that’s okay. I am believing that more, better, and greater is ahead, but I am also preparing myself to learn from any setbacks, losses, and adversity I may experience. I am looking forward to massive growth and success with the awareness that growth does not happen without discomfort. I am open to all the goodness the universe has for me with the wisdom that sometimes to reach that goodness, I will need to change, redirect, and release some things. Our lives are what we make it. Our choices and perspective are what will determine how happy, peaceful, and fulfilled we are. If I could sum all of this up, I would say, make the most of every moment, do the best you can with the cards you are dealt, and control what you can control. As far as everything else, just enjoy the ride and trust the process, sis. Cheers to 2019 being the best year of our lives!
With love from your sister,
Click here to connect, collaborate, and win with me and my Women by Choice sisters in 2019!